Quick News Today: National
1. Rating agency CARE has assigned AAA rating to Axis Bank’s lower tier II bonds worth Rs. 2000 crore
2. Sate Run National Aluminum Co. (NALCO) has signed a pact with Canada based RioTinto Alcan to increase its Global Presence.
3. Sunil Mathur has become the Chief Financial Officer of Siemens
4. Infosys has partnered with Punjab national Bank to deploy Finacle (a core banking solution)
5. VISA inc. has appointed David Lee as president of its Asia Pacific Region.
6. Congress President Sonia Gandhi (17th )and Bollywood King Shahrukh khan (41st) have got place in 50 most powerful people in the world by Newsweek Magazine. Obama tops the list.
7. Jeev Milkha Singh has won Nippon Series JT Golf Cup.
8. UNEP (United Nations Environment Program has declared 2009 as “Year of Gorilla”.
9. Golfer Greg Norman has headed the list of Australia’s Highest earning sports Star.
10. Indian ranks fourth in Worst Bribe Payers acroos the world as per Transperency International’s Bribe Payers Index. Belgium & Canada shared the first place.
11. India has relaxed a two year old ban to allow exports of close to 11000 tons of the Food Grain to Nepal & Myanmar.
12. Katrina Kaif has topped the searches in Google among Bollywood Actress.
13. Sarah Palin lost the election but is winner to a Connoisseur of Quotations.
14. Haryana has become the first state in the country to set up a 2800 MW Nuclear Power Plant Kaumaharia Village In Fatehgarh District in The State.
15. HUL Hindustan Unilever Limited has been awarded the CII (Western Region) HR Excellence Award in 2008.
16. Government says that 53000 villages have been electrified and promised “Electricity for All” by year 2012.
17. Haryana Chief Minister Bhupendra Singh Huda has declared that 2009 shall be celebrated as the year of “Farmer & Laborer”
18. Two new airports shall come up in Andhra Pradesh in a spanof three years in Nellore & Ongole.
19. Bharat Electricals Ltd has won the Certificate of Excellence for Exports from FIEO (Federation of Indian Export Organizations.
20. Mobile connections in India shall touch 500 million in India by 2010.