QS World University Rankings 2020
Published: June 19, 2019
The annual QS World University Rankings ranks the Indian institutions for the year 2020 as listed below:
- IIT Bombay emerged as India s best university. It increased its ranking by ten places as the 152nd best global institute.
- IIT Delhi was ranked as the Second Best University of India. It has slipped 10 places to the 182nd rank and replaced IISc Bengaluru as the second-best ranking institute from India.
- IISc Bangalore which lost 14 places ended at the 184th place.
- IIT Bombay, IIT-Delhi and IISc Bangalore are the only three institutions that have managed berths in the top 200 list.
- OP Jindal Global University was the new entrant to the list. Ranked between 751 and 800 it is one of the youngest to enter the top 1,000 list.
- 23 educational institutions from India have featured in the list of top 1,000 and nine were in the top 500. But only four were able to improve their ranks.
About the Rankings
QS Global University Rankings was launched by London based QS Group in collaboration with Times Higher Education in 2004. Both parted ways in 2010 since then both come up with separate yearly rankings.