Prime Minister Inaugurates developmental works in Odhisa
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated projects worth around Rs 15,000 crore in Odisha on 24th Dec 2018 as part of his Mission Purbodaya – a prosperous East for building a new India. The projects are related to health, road and highways, higher education and culture.
The Projects inaugurated by the Prime Minister are listed below:
- New campus of IIT-Bhubaneswar at Aragul built at a cost of Rs 1660 crore to the Nation.
- ESIC hospital in Bhubaneshwar costing 73.5 crore rupees.
- Lalitgiri Archaeological Museum which houses huge sculptures of the Buddha and various Buddhist deities.
- A commemorative coin and a postage stamp in memory of Paika Rebellion as this year marks the 200th anniversary of the Paika rebellion.
- Foundation stone for two projects Indian Oil’s pipeline from Paradip to Hyderabad at a projected cost of 3,800 crore rupees and GAIL’s gas pipeline from Angul to Bokaro in Jharkhand at a projected cost of 3,437 crore rupees under the Urja Ganga Yojana.
PM Modi announced that the centre is taking steps for establishing five medical colleges in the state.
Urja Ganga Yojana
Urja Ganga Yojana aims at providing piped cooking (PNG) gas and CNG gas for the vehicles to residents of the eastern region of the country. The programme involves laying of 2,050-km pipeline connecting Jagdishpur (UP) to Haldia (West Bengal) by 2018 covering the states of UP, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal and Odisha. The project is being implemented by GAIL.
Ayushman Bharat-National Health Protection Scheme will cover over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) providing coverage up to 5 lakh rupees per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization. Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission also subsumes the on-going centrally sponsored schemes like Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) and the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS).
PM orders Audit of Ventilators provided by the Centre
On May 15, 2021, the Prime Minister Narendra Modi ordered an audit of ventilators provided by the Ce...
How will GST Exemption lead to Price rise?
The West Bengal Chief Minister recently requested the Prime Minister Narendra Modi to exempt COVID m...
Odisha’s Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana
The Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik recently declared working journalists of the State of Od...
SVAMITVA E-Property Cards distributed
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the distribution of E-Property Cards under the Svamitva Sc...
Insurance Scheme for Health Workers under PM Garib Kalyan Yojana
The Government of India is to extend the insurance scheme for health workers under the Pradhan Mantr...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|