President launches IMPRINT India initiative of IITs and IISC
President Pranab Mukherjee launched Impacting Research Innovation and Technology (IMPRINT) India to boost research in the country.
The initiative is joint venture of Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISC).
- IMPRINT India initiative seeks to develop a roadmap for research in order to solve major engineering and technology challenges in 10 identified technology domains.
- These 10 domains are: Health Care, Computer Science and ICT, Advance Materials, Water Resources and River systems, Sustainable Urban Design, Defence, Nano-technology Hardware, Environmental Science and Climate Change and Energy Security.
- These domains are distributed among IIT Kharagpur, IIT Kanpur, IIT Bomaby, IIT Rookree, IIT Madras and IISC, Bengaluru.
- Objectives of this initiative: (i) identify areas of immediate relevance that requires innovation in the society. (ii) Direct scientific research in the identified areas.
- (iii) Ensure support and higher funding for research for identified areas (iv) Measure the outcomes of innovation and research efforts and its impact on the standard of living in the urban and rural areas.
ARWU Ranking, 2020
The ARWU (Academic Ranking of World Universities) is also called Shanghai Ranking. Around fifteen In...
What is Vigyan Yatra?
Vigyan yatra is a promotional activity to promote scientific temper. It is being carried out as a pa...
November 10: World Science Day for Peace and Development
Every year, the World Science Day for Peace and Development is celebrated to ensure that citizens ar...
Ministry of Science and Technology launches SERB-POWER
On October 29, 2020, the Minister of Science and Technology Dr Harsh Vardhan launched the SERB-POWER...
IISc develops ICMR-approved mobile RT-PCR lab
Karnataka has launched the first-ever ICMR-approved RT-PCR Lab in the country and it has been develo...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|