Former US President Jimmy Carter receives Statesmanship Award
Jimmy Carter, Ex-President of United States of America (USA) won the inaugural George H. W. Bush Award for Statesmanship in recognition of his contributions to relations between U.S. and China.
About George H. W. Bush Award
- It is conferred by George H. W. Bush Foundation for U.S. China Relations.
- Jimmy Carter will receive inaugural George H. W. Bush Award for Statesmanship in U.S.-China Relations at a private award ceremony scheduled for 12 June 2019 at Carter Center in Atlanta, US.
- Objective: The award is conferred to people who have made profound contributions towards development of constructive and mutually beneficial relations between U.S and People’s Republic of China.
About Jimmy Carter
- He was former governor of Georgia (1971-1975) and later served as 39th president of United States from 1977-1981.
- During his tenure, Joint Communiqué on Establishment of Diplomatic Relations was signed on 1 January 1979 which stated official beginning of Diplomatic relation between US and China and that two countries would even open Embassies on 1 March 1979. He also announced withdrawal of all U.S. military personnel from Taiwan and end to Sino-American Mutual Defense Treaty signed with China.
Japan to host first joint military exercise with US and France
Japan is to hold its first military drill with French and US troops in May 2021. According to Japan,...
China-US Climate Change Cooperation
The two biggest polluters of the world China and US have agreed to work together in tackling climate...
US Treasury report: India placed on currency watch list
The United States recently released its report on Macroeconomic and Foreign Exchange Policies of Maj...
UN: China overtakes US for Foreign Direct Investment
Recent figures by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development highlights that, China has ...
What is Havana syndrome?
Context in Current Affairs: The National Academy of Sciences has recently found that the microwave r...
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2019
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News
Topics: George H. W. Bush Award • George H. W. Bush Award for Statesmanship • George H. W. Bush Foundation for U.S. China Relations • Jimmy Carter • Joint Communiqué on Establishment of Diplomatic Relations • Sino-American Mutual Defense Treaty • US-China
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|