Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2021
Thirty-two children have been awarded with the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar in the year 2021. The award has been given to these children for their tremendous and outstanding accomplishments and exceptional abilities in fields including the innovation, scholastics, sports, social service, arts, culture and bravery.
- As per the statement of The Ministry of Women and Child Development these awardees have been selected from the 32 districts of 21 states and Union territories.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually interacted with the awardees because of COVID-19 pandemic.
- The award will help to motivate the children so as to push for excellence and get inspired to perform better.
- Seven awards were given in the field of art and culture, nine in the field of innovation and five in the field of scholastic achievements while Seven children have won the award in sports category. Three more children have been awarded for bravery and one child for her efforts in the social service.
Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar
- The award is formerly known as the National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement.
- This is Highest Civilian Honour in India that is given to the exceptional achievers under the age of 18.
- A child must be an Indian Citizen and reside in India in order to get the award.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development has instituted the purashkar in the 1996.
- This purashkar recognizes the children with exceptional abilities and outstanding status in fields including the arts, culture, academics, research, social service, design, innovation and sports.
- The President of India confreres the award in the week preceding the Republic Day.
- The awardees also participate in the Republic Day Parade.
- It is presented in the Durbar Hall of Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
- The individual award comprises of a medal, cash prize of Rs. 1,00,000, citation and a certificate.
Who finalize the names of awardees?
The names of the awardees for the award is finalized by a National Selection Committee which is headed by the Minister of Ministry of Women and Child Development.
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News
Topics: COVID 19 pandemic • Ministry of Women and Child Development • National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement • Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar • Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2021 • Rashtrapati Bhavan