Poshan 2.0-Key Facts
Union Ministry of Women and Child Development has decided to celebrate the POSHAN MAAH throughout the month September starting from September 1, 2021.
- This will be celebrated as a part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Entire month has been subdivided into weekly themes for focused and assimilated approach in order to improve Holistic Nutrition and ensure speedy and intensive outreach.
- Ministry of Women and Child Development has planned several activities for this month in tandem with the States and Union Territories.
Weekly themes under the celebration
- Weekly theme for the activities that will be taken from 1st to 7th September is – Plantation Activity as “PoshanVatika”.
- Theme for the second week of September is Yoga and AYUSH for Nutrition
- Theme for the third week is “Distribution of ‘Regional Nutrition Kit’ to Anganwadi beneficiaries in High Burden Districts”.
- While, the theme for the last week of September has been set as “Identification of severe acute malnourished children and distribution of nutritious food”.
About POSHAN Abhiyaan
POSHAN Abhiyaan stands for Prime Minister’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nutrition. It is a flagship programme of government to improve nutritional outcomes for pregnant women, lactating mothers, children and adolescent Girls. This program was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi from Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan on March 8, 2018.
Government announced POSHAN 2.0 programme in Budget 2021-2022 with the focus on aims of POSHAN Abhiyaan. It is as an integrated nutrition support programme that seeks to strengthen nutritional content, delivery, outreach and outcomes. It focuses on developing practices that nurture health, wellness and immunity towards disease and malnutrition.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|