Portal Launched by Odisha for Registering Migrant Workers
The Odisha government has launched a portal covid19.odisha.gov.in for registering migrant workers returning to the state after the lifting of the lockdown in May.
About the Portal
The portal covid19.odisha.gov.in will enable the registration of migrant workers returning to Odisha after the lockdown is lifted in May. The registration will help quarantine and curb the spread of the COVID-19- in a manner similar to the one that was used for returnees from abroad.
- The migrant workers are to register their name and address on the portal mandatorily.
- The registration can be done by a family member or a friend in the state.
- Apart from online registration, facility for registering at Gram Panchayat has been made available.
- Entry into the state will not be allowed without registration.
- The workers will be taken from the railway stations and bus stands to the quarantine centres directly.
- The workers will be quarantined for the first 14 days after entering the state.
- The Village Sarpanch will have an important role in this strategy.
- 7,000 temporary medical camps have been established.
National Portal for COVID-19 Affected Unorganised Migrant Workers
The centre is to launch a portal for registering the 2.2 million migrant workers across the country with the help of the states. It is a step to provide aid (in form cash or other means) to the workers stranded in relief camps, residential and industrial clusters. It will collect data like Aadhaar information, bank account, reasons for migration, infection status, date of leaving the workplace, etc. The portal will then enable mapping migration pattern and skill mapping of the workers.