PMSA Award announced for 69 executives
Government of India announced to confer Prime Minister’s Shram Awards (PMSA) for the year 2018 to 69 executives for their innovation at work.
- These awards will be awarded to 69 workers employed in Departmental Undertakings & Public Sector Undertakings of Central and State Governments as well as Private Sector Units that are employing 500 or more workers.
- Awards will be conferred to recognise their innovation abilities, distinguished performance and outstanding contribution in the field of productivity as well as exhibition of exceptional courage.
Three categories of PMSA
This year the PMSA award will be given in three categories:
- Shram Bhushan Awards- It carry a cash prize of Rs.1,00,000 each,
- Shram Vir or Shram Veerangana Awards- It carry a cash prize of Rs. 60,000 each and
- Shram Shree or Shram Devi Awards- It carry a cash prize of Rs.40,000 each.
Nominations for PMSA
For the year 2018, four nominations have been selected for the Shram Bhushan Awards, twelve for Shram Vir/Shram Veerangana awards while seventeen for Shram Shree or Shram Devi Awards. The total of 33 Shram Awards would be conferred for the year 2018 while the number of workers receiving the Awards 69. Some of the awards will be shared by workers and teams of workers. 49 workers have been selected from the public sector while 20 from the private sector. 8 women workers have also been nominated.
About Prime Minister’s Shram Award
This award was instituted in 1985. This award was instituted with the objective of recognizing outstanding contributions made by workmen in accordance with Industrial Disputes Act, 1947. It selects workers from public as well as private sector.
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|