PM Modi to inaugurate VAIBHAV Summit
Published: October 2, 2020
On October 2, 2020, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is to inaugurate VAIBHAV Summit. VAIBHAV is Vaishvik Bhartiya Vaigyanik. The summit is to be held between October 2, 2020 and October 31, 2020.
About the Summit
The Summit will bring together Indian origin experts from various foreign academic institutes, resident counterparts and Research and Development luminaries. The submit will enable focused thought process on problem solving approach.
The Summit is held under the following theme
- Strengthening aatma nirbhar Bharat initiative
- Bringing together diverse academic cultures from all over the world
- Bringing Indian luminaries spread all over the world to debate and discuss about collaboration mechanism with their counterparts
The main objective of the Summit is to bring together the Indian academic experts spread all over the world to discuss and bring out mechanism that will help strengthen Science and Technology base in India. This will provide a new dimension to Atal innovation mission.
Atal innovation mission
The Atal innovation mission is a flagship initiative of Government of India that promotes Innovation and entrepreneurship in the country. The main objective of the program is to develop policies and programmes that will foster innovation, collaborate opportunities from the different stakeholders and create an umbrella structure that will monitor the innovation ecosystem in the country.
Initiatives of Atal innovation mission
- The Atal tinkering labs were launched under the mission to develop problem solving mindset among students in the schools of India.
- The Atal new India challenge was launched to align the needs of Ministries and departments of the union government
- The Atal incubation centre fosters startup and provides them a controlled environment to develop and implement their ideas.
- The Atal community innovation Centre was launched to boost community centric Innovation and ideas especially in the underserved regions of the country
- ARISE, Atal Research and innovation for small enterprises was launched to stimulate Research and innovation in the MSME industry.
- Mentor India campaign was launched in collaboration with the public sector to support all the initiatives that are being operated under the mission.