PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi – Dehradun Corridor
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi is to inaugurate Delhi – Dehradun corridor along with several other projects. The corridor will reduce the distance between the two cities from 248 – km to 180 – km.
What are the other projects?
- 120 MW Vyasi hydroelectricity project
- 38 – km long all weather Chardham road project between Shrikot and Devprayag
- 33 – km stretch between Kaudilya and Brahmapuri
- State of perfumery and aroma laboratory in Dehradun: The centre will focus on developing high yielding advanced varieties of aromatic plants
Delhi – Dehradun corridor
- The PM Modi will lay foundation stone for Delhi – Dehradun corridor. The corridor is to be built at a cost of Rs 8,300 crores. The project is to be executed in Engineering, Procurement and Construction mode. In EPC mode, the government pays the private developer for constructing roads. And the toll revenue accrue to the government.
- The highway is to be divided into four sections. Section 1 is to be developed as 6 lanes. Also, it is divided into two packages. The package 1 falls in Delhi portion and Package 2 falls in Uttar Pradesh portion.
- The main aim of the corridor is to decongest North East Delhi
The corridor will enhance Mandola Vihar Yojana of Government of Uttar Pradesh and also the development potential of Tronica city.
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|