PM Modi launches Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission on September 27, 2021.
- Under this mission, a unique digital health ID will be provided to the people. This ID will contain all the health records of person.
- This mission was launched under the pilot project National Digital Health Mission.
- The nationwide rollout of the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission coincides with the third anniversary of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY). Third anniversary is being marked by the National Health Authority (NHA).
Prime Minister had announced the pilot project of National Digital Health Mission from the Red Fort on August 15, 2020.
About Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
- Presently, this project is being implemented in the pilot phase across six Union Territories.
- This mission will also enable the access and exchange of longitudinal health records people with their consent.
- Key components of this project include:
- A Health ID for every citizen. It will also work as their health account. Through this ID, personal health records can be linked and viewed using a mobile application.
- Healthcare Professionals Registry (HPR) and
- Healthcare Facilities Registries (HFR)- It will act as a repository of all healthcare providers in modern as well as traditional systems of medicine.
Significance of the scheme
This mission will also ensure ease of doing business for doctors & hospitals and healthcare service providers. It will also create interoperability within the digital health ecosystem, on the line of role played by the Unified Payments Interface in revolutionising payments.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|