PM Modi awarded UAE’s Highest Civilian Award
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi was honored with the Order of Zayed which is the highest civilian award of the United Arab Emirates.
He was awarded by the Crown Prince of UAE Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan on 24th August, 2019.
Currently, PM Modi is on the second leg of his three-nation international tour to France, UAE and Bahrain.
What has happened?
- The PM was awarded the Order of Zayed and he dedicated this award to the spirit of Indian culture and to the Indian Diaspora which is the biggest representative of the skills and abilities of 1.3 billion Indians.?
- Apart from PM Modi, this award has also been given to several world leaders which including Russian President Vladimir Putin, Queen Elizabeth II and Chinese President Xi Jinping.
Other endeavors of PM Modi
- PM Modi also launched the RuPay card while in the Abu Dhabi.
- The United Arab Emirates is India?s third-largest trade partner with a robust flow of bilateral investments and an annual bilateral trade of about USD 60 billion.
- UAE is also the fourth-largest exporter of crude oil to India.
- UAE became the first nation in the Middle East to initiate the Indian system of electronic payment like RuPay.