Persons in News: Sunil Gangopadhyay
Eminent Bengali writer and poet Sunil Gangopadhyay passed away.
- He was Sahitya Akademi President.
- Known for his poems and novels in both West Bengal and Bangladesh.
- Used the pen names Nil Lohit, Sanatan Pathak, and Nil Upadhyay
- First poem: ‘Ekti Chithi’ (A letter)
- First novel: ‘Atmaprakash’ (Emergence)
- Other significant works: ‘Pratham Alo’ (‘First Light’), and ‘Purbo-Paschim’
- His wrote thriller ‘Kakababu’ series which became very popular among children and teenagers.
- He received Sahitya Akademi award in 1985 for his novel Sei Somoy.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|