Parmanu Tech 2019
The Parmanu Tech conference was organised by the Ministry of External Affairs and Department of Atomic Energy (DAE). The keynote address at the ‘Parmanu Tech 2019’ conference was delivered by Dr Jitendra Singh, Minister of State for Atomic Energy and Space.
Highlights of the Speech
The Highlights of the Speech are:
- India has covered a long journey since the inception of Atomic Energy programme by Dr Homi Bhabha based on the peaceful use of nuclear energy.
- India has achieved a unique place in the international community for progress in space technology as well as nuclear energy.
- India has always used technology for constructive use and never for destructive purpose.
- Most of the societal applications of nuclear energy are not much known to the people.
- Focused efforts are required to create awareness about the benefits of nuclear energy and to allay the fears about radiation and its harms.
- Nuclear energy will be a big and cost-effective source of energy in future when the other sources of power are gradually depleting.
Sessions in Parmanu Tech 2019
During the conference sector-specific sessions were held on the following topics:
- Health care: Nuclear Medicine and Radiation therapy – Care to cure.
- Food Preservation, Agricultural & Industrial Applications: From farms to factories – Serving the National Cause.
- Showcasing India’s capabilities in Nuclear Energy: Energy Security with environmental responsibility – the Onward March.
The Parmanu Tech conference is aimed at showcasing the societal applications that the Department of Atomic Energy is pursuing.
Category: Science & Technology Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|