PAC Study: Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Telangana emerged toppers in Governance Performance
In the recent study of Public Affairs Centre (PAC) on governance performance, Kerala, Tamil Nadu & Telangana have emerged as the toppers.
- Kerala, Tamil Nadu & Telangana emerged as winners among 18 large states in governance performance.
- Telangana has replaced Andhra Pradesh at the third spot as compared to 2020 ranking.
- Jharkhand jumped from 15th to 9th place this year.
- In the index, Sikkim, Goa and Mizoram were emerged as winners among the small states.
- Puducherry, Jammu & Kashmir and Chandigarh emerged as toppers among the union territories.
- Public Affairs Centre (PAC) is a Bengaluru-based non-profit think tank.
Public Affairs Index (PAI 2021)
- Public Affairs Index has been prepared based on the scores secured by states in governance performance on the pillars of equity, sustainability and growth.
- Gujarat was ranked at fifth position, Karnataka at seventh position while Maharashtra at the 12th position.
- The index is purely evidence-based assessment of the performance of states. It uses central government data sources for assessing the performance.
- PAC study is the annual assessment of adequacy & quality of governance in states.
- It assesses the states on the basis of their implementation of centrally sponsored-programmes of rural employment guarantee scheme, integrated child development service, national health mission, mid-day meal scheme and Samagra Siksha Abhiyan.
Covid-19 response index
In the PAC 2021 study, Covid-19 response index is the main highlight. The index is an analysis of the governance response of states towards the covid-19 pandemic. It also highlights the degree of success achieved by states in mitigating its impact.
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|