Oscar Awards Postponed to April 25
Due to the disruption caused by COVID 19 in the film industry many of the release dates of films in 2020 had to be rescheduled and because of this Oscars awards of 2021 will be held on April 25, the decision to postpone next years Oscars ceremony by two months was announced by The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- The eligibility period of entry for the contest has also been pushed by from the end of December 2020 to the end of February 2021.
- according to the Academy, the direct-to-OTT films that bypass theatrical release will also be considered for nominations at the Oscars 2021.
- the Academy Academy’s museum which was scheduled to open in December this year has been postponed. the museum will now be inaugurated in the month of April next year.
- This is the fourth time in its history that the oscar awards are being postponed.
- In 1938 The Oscar awards were pushed back by a week because of disastrous floods in Los Angeles.
- In 1968 again they were delayed by two days because of the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- In 1981, four hours before the broadcast Oscars were put off for 24 hours after President Ronald Reagan was shot in Washington D.C.
The academy awards hold a special prestige in the film fraternity and they are most sought after awards, though earlier the awards were postponed or the dates were changed but this is the first time that the awards are postponed to such extent, the dates or the nominations have also increased so that the deserving competitors might not be left out from the race.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2020
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|