Ordnance Factory Board
The Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) is the world’s largest government-owned and operated defense production organization.
About the Ordnance Factory Board
- The Ordnance Factory Board is the oldest organization run by the Government of India.
- It is an industrial organization which functions under the Department of Defence Production of Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
- The OFB is engaged in the research & development of weapons, their production & testing, marketing and logistics.
- The OFB provides a comprehensive weapons portfolio range which includes air, land and sea defense systems.
- Currently, the OFB consists of 3 Regional Marketing Centres, 4 Regional Controllerates of Safety, 9 training institutes and 41 Ordnance Factories.
- These OFB associates are spread all over the country and it employs nearly 90,000 people.
Why is OFB in the news?
- The Employees of the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) had been on a strike since August 14.
- This strike was called against the alleged instances of privatization.
- However, after the leaders of the federations and the Secretary of DPP met and discussed all points of contention, the employees called off their protests.
- It has been decided that a high-level committee be established to interact with the employees? federations to ascertain their concerns and other aspects of the proposed entity.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|