“One MP – One Idea” Scheme
under the Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS).
Focus of the Scheme:
- advocating a grass-root bottoms-up approach to innovation and development
- arriving at solutions for local problems which are sustainable and scalable
Under this scheme:
- ‘One MP – One Idea’ Competition may be held in each Lok Sabha constituency in a year in which 3 best innovative ideas from the local people on development projects will be awarded cash prizes on the specific request of an MP to promote such a scheme in his/her constituency
- Applications will be invited for providing innovative solutions attributed to social issues, especially in the area of education & skills, health, water & sanitation, housing & infrastructure, agriculture, energy, environment, community and social service etc.
- Innovations will be evaluated in a transparent manner by a selection committee headed by the DC/DM of the Nodal District and consisting of six members from Engineering, Finance, Health & Sanitation, Academia, Industry and Banking & Financial Institutions
- MP shall award Certificate of Honour along with cash award of Rs. 2.5 lakhs, Rs. 1.5 lakhs and Rs. 1 lakh to the 1st , 2nd and 3rd best innovative solutions respectively through their MPLAD funds
- Certificate of Appreciation to the next 5 best innovations.