Notable Urdu poet Bashar Navaaz passes away
Notable Urdu poet, critic and orator Bashar Navaaz passed away in Aurangabad, Maharashtra. He was 80 years old.
He was known as an Indo Pak shayar as his gazals are popular in India as well as Pakistan.
About Bashar Navaaz
- Born on August 18, 1935 at Aurangabad, Maharashtra.
- His writings were regularly published in various Urdu literary journals magazines in India and abroad. His books Rayagan, Ajanabee samandar were very popular among gazal lovers.
- Gazals: As lyricist he wrote number of gazals for hindi movies. Famous gazals are Bazaar, Jaane vafaa, Loree, Tere Shahar me etc
- The Gazal Karoge yaad to har baat yaad aayegee from film Bazaar is all time hit song.
- Awards: He was honored with Galib award of Galib Academy New Delhi, Maharashtra State Urdu Academy award, Iftekhaar E Adab award, Pulotsav Samman for his contribution to Urdu literature.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2015
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|