NITI Aayog: The State Nutrition Profile
NITI Aayog released its “State Nutrition Profile” report on October 1, 2021. In the report, nineteen States and Union Territories received their nutrition profiles.
The State Nutrition Profiles (SNPs) report comprises of a comprehensive compilation of crucial data that can positively affect policy decisions and facilitate research in that area. It analyse data on wasting (low weight-for-height), stunting, underweight, overweight and anaemia, besides diabetes and high blood pressure.
ABOUT THE REPORT
- The SNPs have been prepared by NITI Aayog in association with the UNICEF, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), Indian Institute of Population Sciences (IIPS), and the Institute of Economic Growth (IEG).
- It gives comprehensive idea regarding the nutrition outcomes, immediate & underlying determinants and interventions on the basis of National Family Health Survey (NFHS)-rounds 3, 4 and 5.
- Outcomes under the report have been prepared on the basis of headcount analyses and it also uses data from the NFHS-5 (2019-20).
- Report highlights the best and worst performing districts, highest burden districts as well as top coverage districts of the country.
- It has incorporated key takeaways for children, women & men as well as identifies areas where the state can improve further.
IFPRI was founded in 1976 and it stands for “International Food Policy Research Institute”. It is a non-profit international research centre with its headquarter in Washington DC, USA. It releases Global Food Policy Report.
NFHS is a large-scale, multi-round survey conducted throughout India, in a representative sample of households. It is conducted by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in association with the International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS) Mumbai. Till date, five rounds of survey have been conducted:
- First Round of NFHS in 1992-93
- Second Round of NFHS in 1998-99
- Third Round of NFHS in 2005-06
- Fourth Round of NFHS in 2015-16
- Fifth Round of NFHS in 2018-19.
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|