NITI Aayog organised Women Transforming India Awards 2018
15 women entrepreneurs were given awards at the recently concluded Women Transforming India Awards 2018 in New Delhi. The Women Transforming India Awards are organised by NITI Aayog. It was the 3rd edition of these awards.
Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu, the vice-president of India, was the chief guest on this occasion. He also launched the upgraded version of the Women Entrepreneurship Platform web portal at the event. Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu lauded the effort of the NITI Aayog for creating Women Entrepreneurship Platform 2.0 and placing gender equality at the centre of its policy decisions.
About Women Entrepreneurship Platform:
- The primary objective of Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) is to promote and support both established and aspiring Indian women entrepreneurs. This platform has been set up by NITI Aayog.
- Women Entrepreneurship Platform is the first of its kind unified access platform that allows the partner organizations to provide various support services to Indian women entrepreneurs.
- It aims to transform the entrepreneurial ecosystem for women entrepreneurs in the country.
- It seeks to become a one-stop resource centre for Indian women entrepreneurs.
- It also provides for meeting and working in collaboration of several stakeholders in the entrepreneurial space on a single platform
- Many organisations such as Google, UN India Business Forum, CRISIL, SIDBI, NIC, NASSCOM, WEE Foundation, SEWA bank, MannDeshi Foundation etc. are the partners in the Women Entrepreneurship Platform.
About Women Transforming India Awards:
- These awards are given to recognise and celebrate stories of exemplary women from all over India.
- The theme for WTI Awards 2018: “Women and Entrepreneurship”.
WTI Awards 2018 received over 2300 nominations this year. 15 winners were chosen from various sectors such as Renewable Energy, Education, Art and Culture, Social Innovation and Impact, Sanitation and others for these awards.
EAC allows Great Nicobar Plan to advance
The Environment Appraisal Committee (EAC) operating under the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Cl...
Strategic disinvestment and transfer of management control in IDBI
The Union Cabinet recently approved the Strategic Disinvestment and transfer of management control i...
NITI calls for EV purchase subsidy in addition to FAME-II subsidy
NITI Aayog recently said that the Government of India should provide incentives on purchase of elect...
Somanathan: New Finance secretary
The Expenditure Secretary T V Somanathan was recently designated as the Finance Secretary by the App...
Chandler Good Government Index
The Chandler Good Governance Index is released by the Chandler Institute of Governance headquartered...
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|