Nileema Mishra and Harish Hande of India win Ramon Magsaysay Award for 2011
The 6 winners of Ramon Magsaysay Award for 2011 are:
- Nileema Mishra (India): a lender to the poorest in Maharashtra, was recognised for her purpose-driven zeal to work tirelessly with villagers in Maharashtra…to address both their aspirations and their adversities through collective action and heightened confidence.
- Harish Hande (India): U.S.-trained Indian engineer, was recognised for bringing solar lights to a country where half of the households have no power. Runs his own solar electric light company that has lit up over 1,20,000 households, to emerge as India’s leading solar technology firm.
- Alternative Indigenous Development Foundation Inc. (AIDFI): Filipino charity group
- Hasanain Juaini (Indonesia): set up an Islamic school for girls in Indonesia
- Tri Mumpuni (Indonesia): Promoted micro hydropower technology
- Koul Panah (Cambodia): working to restore democracy in Cambodia.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|