New Committee to bolster rural credit structure: RBI
RBI set up a panel to find ways to strengthen the rural cooperative credit structure.
The 7 member Committee headed by NABARD Chairman Prakash Bakshi will;
· Review the prevailing Short Term Cooperative Credit Structure (STCCS), focusing on structural hindrances in rural credit delivery system.
· Discover ways to strengthen the rural cooperative credit architecture.
· Do detailed analysis of the STCCS and test various alternatives that can cut the cost of credit.
· Analyze the possibility of setting up of a two-tier STCCS in place the current three-tier form.
· Assess the role played by state and district cooperative banks in fulfilling the agriculture credit requirement
· Identify cooperative banks that may not sustain for long even if some of them have fulfilled the diluted licensing criteria for the time being
· Handover its report within 3 months
STCCS targets the credit need of the small and marginal farmers in the country.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|