Nepal President releases Special Anthology on Mahatma Gandhi
Nepal President Bidya Devi Bhandari has released a special pictorial anthology on Mahatma Gandhi to mark the 151st birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. This anthology is written in the Nepali language. The book was launched at a special function held at in Kathmandu in the presence of Indian Ambassador to Nepal, Vinay Mohan Kwatra.
Key Points about the Pictorial Anthology on Mahatma Gandhi
- This anthology on Gandhi is titled as “Maile Bujheko Gandhi” or “the Gandhi as I understood”.
- The book has been released to mark the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi and the culmination of the 2 year-long celebrations of ‘150 years of Mahatma’.
- This anthology has been published by the Indian Embassy together with the B P Koirala India-Nepal Foundation.
- The publishers hope that the teachings, ideas of Mahatma Gandhi will bring Nepalese youth closer to the global icon.
- The book aims to bring to youth of Nepal closer to Mahatma Gandhi.
- The book also brings together the perspectives of 25 eminent Nepali personalities about Mahatma Gandhi.
151st Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi
The 151st birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi was celebrated on October 2, 2020. The world paid homage to the great icon and also marked the end of the celebration of 150 years of Mahatma Gandhi.
Other Books on Mahatma Gandhi
These are some of the famous books that have been published on Mahatma Gandhi-
[email protected]– In order to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Gandhi, a noted scholar Rajan Welukar compiled a book titled [email protected] containing 12 articles written on Gandhiji by eminent personalities.
Being Gandhi– It is a book which was also released to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. The book has been written by Indian author Paro Anand.
Gandhi Before India- This book was published in the year 2013 by historian Ramachandra Guha. The books talks about the life of Mahatma Gandhi as a lawyer in South Africa and discrimination faced by him.