National Symposium on United to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis
On October 30, 2019, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare organized National Symposium on the following theme
Theme: United to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis.
- The event was inaugurated by the Health and Family Welfare minister Dr Harsh Vardhan.
- The minister also signed the “Call to Action to eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis by 2021”
- The ministry is planning to draw attention towards Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD). Over 1.5 billion people are affected globally due to NTDs.
- The most prevalent NTDs in India is Lymphatic Filariasis (Hathipaon) and Visceral Leishmaniases (Kala-Azar)
- GoI is to roll out the use of Triple Drug therapy in a phased manner from November 2019. It is to be implemented by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- India adopted the twin pillar strategy after WHO launched the Global Program to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis (GPELF)
- Prevention through Mass Drug Administration using combination of 2 anti-filarial drugs namely DEC and Albendazole
- Providing Morbidity management and Disability Prevention services
- GoI aunched the Accelerate Plan for Elimination of Lymphatic Filariasis (APELF) in 2018.
Category: Important Days & Events Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|