National Skill Development Agency (NSDA) gets approval of Union Cabinet
The Union Cabinet has given its nod for the creation of an autonomous body called the National Skill Development Agency (NSDA) by subsuming the Prime Minister’s National Council on Skill Development (PMNCSD), the National Skill Development Coordination Board (NSDCB) and the Office of the Adviser to the PM on Skill Development. The NSDA will be located in the Ministry of Finance.
What will be the role of NSDA?
- To coordinate and harmonize the skill development efforts of the Government and the private sector to achieve the skilling targets of the 12th Plan and beyond.
- To anchor and operationalize the National Skills Qualifications Framework (NSQF)
- To be the nodal agency for Sector Skills Councils
- To strive to bridge the social, regional, gender and economic divides in skilling.
- To ensure that skilling quality and standards meet sector specific requirements benchmarked to international standards. Such an initiative will boost employability of youth in India.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2013