National Productivity Week: February 12-18, 2019
National Productivity Council (NPC) is celebrating National Productivity week from February 12th to 18th, 2019. This year, the theme is “Circular Economy for Productivity & Sustainability”. This theme will help NPC to meet its zero waste goal.The above theme is decided by looking into the different national objectives of sustainable growth and commitments with respect to different sectors. Themes are always used as they help in information dissemination and aid in the adoption of new processes for growth and modernization.
What is Circular Economy?
Circular Economy is based on the model of Make, Use and Return. It controls the finite stocks and reuses them by recycling and thus balances the resource flow. The key advantages of Circular Economy are as follows:
- It will increase productivity.
- It will create more jobs.
- It will reduce carbon emission thus preserving valuable raw materials.
Circular Economy system increases the product life span through improved design and servicing and relocating wastes from the end of the supply chain to the beginning.
Other Initiatives taken by NPC to accomplish the goal of converting linear economy to circular economy are:
- New Solid waste management rules to fulfill the Swacch Bharat objectives.
- Trained energy professionals in various industrial sectors.
- To meet 50% of NDC target, 18640 certified energy auditors have been prepared.
- Through 10-15 annual workshops from the last 12 years, 8000 boiler supervisors have been trained who are experts on efficiency and safety issues.
About the National Productivity Council
National Productivity Council is an autonomous registered society under DIPP (Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade), Ministry of Commerce & Industry. It was established in the year 1985. Its core function is to promote and adopt the new and improved culture of productivity in India.