National Panchayat Awards 2019
Union Minister of Panchayati Raj Narendra Singh Tomar conferred the National Panchayat Awards 2019 at a function in New Delhi. The Minister also launched a Spatial Planning Application called ‘Gram Manchitra’ which is a Geo Spatial based decision support system for panchayats. The panchayats can utilize this App to plan, develop and monitor developmental activities on real time basis.
About National Panchayat Awards 2019
Panchayati Raj Ministry has been incentivizing the best performing Panchayats as recommended by State Governments since 2011-12.
The awards are given to best performing Panchayats in recognition of their good work at different levels such as delivery of services and sanitation.
As many as 246 Awards were given to awardee Panchayats and States in various categories. The awards were conferred in following categories –
- 195 awards were conferred under Deen Dayal Upadhyay Panchayat Sashaktikaran Puraskar category, in recognition of good work done for improving delivery of services and public goods.
- 20 Gram Panchayats in Nanaji Deshmukh Rashtriya Gaurav Gram Sabha Puraskar category, for their outstanding contribution to socio-economic development by involving Gram Sabhas.
- 3 Gram Panchayats in Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) Award
- 22 Gram Panchayats were awarded in Child-Friendly Gram Panchayats Award, for best performing Panchayats/Village Councils (one in each State/UT) for adopting child-friendly practices.
- 6 states were awarded under e-Panchayat Puraskar category, for promoting e-enablement of PRIs (Panchayati Raj Institutions) for bringing in efficiency, transparency and accountability in their functioning.
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News