NASA Curiosity rover touches Mars
A robot rover “Curiosity” launched by US space agency NASA successfully landed on Mars. The rover landed on Aeolis Palus in Gale Crater on August 6, 2012.
What is Curiosity?
· It is a robot rover which is currently exploring Mars.
· Currently exploring Gale Crater, near the equator of Mars.
· It will examine whether Mars could have once supported life.
· It is Nuclear-powered
· Has mobile scientific laboratory
· It is part of NASA’s Mars Science Laboratory mission by the US
Goal of Mars Science Laboratory mission: To Analyse and investigate climate, geology of Mars and whether Mars could ever have supported life, including investigation of the role of water.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|