MoU signed between DBT and DAE on Cancer Research
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under Ministry of Science and Technology and Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), under Prime Minister of India has signed an memorandum of understanding (MoU) for supporting a joint collaborative research programmes in area of Cancer.
Key Highlights on MoU
- About: The MoU for Joint Collaboration on Cancer Research was signed between DBT and DAE. The DAE was represented by its Tata Memorial Centre, which also functions as coordinating centre on behalf of The National Cancer Grid of India.
- Objective: to work towards common goal of tackling cancer and also to bring a quantum change in present scenario of cancer research.
- The clinicians shall work in coherence with Researchers to identify and develop collaborative research programmes as well as public health initiatives for public awareness at large.
- Activities: such as intensive workshops on clinical research methodologies, joint clinical fellowships and protocol development shall help towards creating a trained manpower community and will provide a platform to utilize their acquired skills in best possible manner.
- MoU shall help strengthen various initiatives mandatorily for cancer by:
- Strategizing and prioritizing cancer research.
- Developing new and affordable technologies.
- Jointly designing and funding clinical trials.
- Coordinating and collaborating for translational research, interventions, training of manpower and infrastructure development.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2019
Category: Science & Technology Current Affairs
Topics: Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) • Department of Biotechnology (DBT) • Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) • Ministry of Science and Technology • MOU • MoU on Cancer Research • Tata Memorial Centre • The National Cancer Grid of India.