MoSJE: ‘Samajik Adhikarita Shivir’ held in MP
On 31st July, 2021 a ‘Samajik Adhikarita Shivir’ for the distribution of assistive devices and aids to ‘Divyangjan’ will be distributed in Madhya Pradesh.
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) along with District Administration Chhindwara and ALIMCO will organize this ‘shivir’ under the ADIP Scheme of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- This ‘shivir’ will be organized in Chhindwara which is located in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
- In view of the COVID 19 pandemic, a total of 8,291 assistive devices and assistive devices worth Rs 4.32 crore will be distributed to 4146 Divyangjan’s at the Block/Panchayat level for free.
- The opening ceremony will feature the virtual presence of the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Shri Shivraj Singh Chauhan.
- Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Dr. Virendra Kumar, will host this function.
About Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
MoSJE is a ministry of the Government of India. It is responsible for the well-being, social justice and empowerment of socially disadvantaged and marginalized groups, including other backward classes (OBC), scheduled castes (SC), transgender and LGBTQ people, the disabled, the elderly and drug abuse victims. Dr. Virendra Kumar is the current minister of this department.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
Category: States Current Affairs
Topics: COVID 19 pandemic • Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) • Dr Virendra Kumar • Madhya Pradesh • Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment • Samajik Adhikarita Shivir
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|