Former MoS for External Affairs Kamala Sinha passes away
Former Minister of State (MoS) for External Affairs Kamala Sinha passed away in Syracuse, New York in US. She was 82.
About Kamala Sinha
- She was born in Dhaka (now in Bangladesh) on 30 September 1932. She is grandniece of Jan Sangh founder Shyama Prasad Mukherjee.
- She was married to freedom fighter and Bihar minister Late Basawan Singh, a native of Vaishali district, Bihar. She was initiated into politics by her husband.
- She was twice elected a member of the Rajya Sabha from 1972 to 1984 and also had served as the Indian Ambassador to Suriname and Barbados.
- For several times, she was elected as the national President of Hind Mazdoor Sabha of the socialists. During the socialist movement of led by Jaya Prakash Narayan in 1974, she was imprisoned under Maintenance of Internal Security Act (MISA).
- She was a member of former Prime Minister I K Gujral’s cabinet from 1997-98.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|