Ministry of External Affairs launches Twitter Seva
The Union Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has launched Twitter Seva to directly engage with citizens in country and abroad, tourists and business travellers for speedy resolution of their visa and passport queries.
Twitter Seva will enable the MEA, through its Twitter handle (@MEAIndia) to strengthen its primary relationship with Indian citizens by providing fast, efficient and real-time public services.
- The Twitter Seva service will be supported by 198 Twitter accounts of Missions and High Commissions across the world and 29 Regional Passport Offices (RPOs) in India.
- Both Indians and non-Indians register their relevant query simply with their tweet with MEA Twitter account.
- The request will activate the concerned office nationally or across the world and address a various range of issues under the MEA.
- The global roll-out of Twitter Seva will enable timely, transparent and large scale response to citizen Tweets in real-time.
- It will enhance scalability and expedite the process dealing with requests by Indian and global citizens.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|