Mercer Quality of Living Ranking 2019
The Quality of Living Index 2019 was released by the Consulting Agency Mercer. The index was based on the data analysed between September and November 2018. The index ranks 231 cities.
Quality of Living Index 2019
- Austrian capital Vienna tops the Mercer’s index of most liveable cities for the 10th year in a row.
- Vienna was closely followed by Zurich in Switzerland. Auckland, Munich, and Vancouver came in joint third.
- San Francisco with the ranking of 34 was named the best city to live in in the U.S.
- London with a ranking of 41st was the best city in the UK on Mercer’s scale.
- Singapore with a ranking of 25th has held onto its status as Asia’s most livable city.
- Uruguay’s capital Montevideo was the highest ranked city in South America.
- Port Louis, Mauritius, was Africa’s top city.
- Baghdad ranked last, followed by Bangui in the Central African Republic and Yemen’s capital Sanaa.
Indian Cities in the List
- Hyderabad and Pune topped the list among the Indian cities with a rank of 143.
- Bengaluru was the second best with the ranking of 149.
- Mumbai with the ranking of 154 stood third among Indian cities.
- The capital of India, New Delhi ranked at 162 in Mercer’s Quality Of Living Index.
The index is based on 39 factors such as access to public transport and traffic congestion levels, availability of housing and international schools city’s cultural scene which are grouped under 10 heads like “political and social environment”, “recreation”.
Topics: Africa • Asia • Austria • Baghdad • Bangui • Central African Republic • Iraq • London • Mauritius • Mercer • Mercer Quality of Living ranking 2019 • Montevideo • Munich • Port Louis • Quality of Living index • San Francisco • Sanaa • Singapore • Switzerland. Auckland • United Kingdom • United States of America • Uruguay • Vancouver • Vienna • Yemen • Zurich
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|