Malayalam actor Sheela wins J.C. Daniel Award
Veteran Malayalam actress Sheela was honoured with prestigious J C Daniel Award for her contributions to Malayalam Cinema field. She is only the second woman to win this award after Aranmula Ponnamma (in 2005).
About J C Daniel Award
- It is Kerala government’s highest honour for outstanding contribution to Malayalam cinema.
- It is named after J C Daniel, who is credit for making first silent movie in Mollywood (Malayalam Film Industry).
- Prize: The award comprises of a citation, plaque and a cash prize of ₹5 Lakh. The annual award will be given away on 27 July 2019 at a function in Kerela.
- This year’s jury was chaired by renowned filmmaker K.S. Sethumadhavan.
- She is popularly called as Sheelamma by her admirers.
- Veteran actress debuted during early 1960s with Tamil movie Paasam. Later in 1962 she began her career in Malayalam with movie Bhagyajathakam directed by P. Bhaskaran.
- Since then she has been Malayalam cinema’s sweetheart for a couple of decades.
- She scripted history as being first recipient of ‘best actress’ award instituted by the Kerala government fir her 1969 movie “Kallichellamma“.
- She has won State and National Awards for the best character artist for for the film Akale in 2004.
- She holds Guinness book of records to her name for acting as Prem Nazir’s heroine in 130 films.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2019
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|