MAKS Air Show, Russia
The MAKS Air Show is the largest air show organized by Russia and is one of the largest air shows in the world. It is organized every two years on the Zhukovsky International Airport which is located to the southeast of Moscow, Russia.
What about the MAKS Air Show?
- The MAKS Air Show is the single most important event for the Russian and Former Soviet Union countries’ aircraft industry.
- The primary objective of the MAKS air show is to showcase new and innovative technologies under development by the Russian Aircraft Industry and to open up the Russian aerospace industry to the international market.
- A large part of the MAKS Air Show aims to hold aerospace and aeronautical conferences which are organized under the umbrella of Russia’s Central Aerohydrodynamic Institute (TsAGI).
- While earlier the event was organized by the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade, since 2009 it is been organized by the Government of Moscow and Aviasalon Corporation.
- The MAKS air show is one of the most important occasions for the Russian Aircraft Industry (which is among the largest in the world) to showcase their latest product offerings and get new orders.
- This year’s MAK Air Show will be held from August 27 to September 1.
Why is this year’s MAKS Air Show important?
- India is one of the most important users of Russian military hardware and Russia aims to regain the top spot in Indian Defense Supplier’s list.
- The Centerpieces of this year’s MAKS Air Show will be the Su-57E fighter and the IL-112VE military transport.
- The Russian Helicopter manufacturer, Russian Helicopters will demonstrate the new medium multi-purpose helicopter Ka-62, the attack helicopter Mi28NM and the first serial Mi-38 transport helicopter which aims to replace the Mi-8s/Mi-17s all around the world.
- The Indian Air Force already uses the Mi-8/17s, Su-30MKI fighters, the Il-76 transport aircraft, and the Il-78 tankers.
Russia aims to sell the new export variants to India. India has already been a part of both these projects since its inception in some capacity.
The BrahMos Aerospace and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited of India will represent India in MAKS 2019.
While Brahmos Aerospace will showcase its modern Brahmos NG model and release small specifics of Brahmos-2 cruise missile, HAL is yet to reveal what it will show in the airshow.
Participation from Other nations
Over 182 foreign firms from the countries of USA, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, France are also stated to participate in the event.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|