Maitri Bridge: Longest Suspension Bridge
Indian Army built the longest suspension bridge over Indus river in Leh in just 40 days and the bridge is named as Maitri Bridge.
- The bridge was constructed by the combat engineers of ‘Sahas aur Yogyata’ regiment of ‘Fire and Fury Corps’ of the Indian Army.
- The bridge is 260-feet long.
- This cable suspension bridge is expected to give a major boost to connectivity in remote areas in Ladakh.
- The bridge is constructed using around 500 tonnes of bridge equipment and construction material.
- Maitri Bridge has been dedicated to the people of India to commemorate the 20th year of Kargil Vijay Divas.
The bridge is part of the central government plans to all-weather road connectivity in the region.
Category: Defence Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|