Madhya Pradesh launches ‘Roadmap to Aatma Nirbhar Madhya Pradesh’
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched a roadmap to “Aatma Nirbhar Madhya Pradesh 2023” on November 12 through a virtual event. Under the roadmap, special focus will be on health and education in the state.
- A network of hospitals will be established in the state focusing on the health sector.
- Economy and employment will also be major focus areas and small and cottage industries will be motivated.
- Four seminars were conducted on physical infrastructure, good governance, health and education to prepare the roadmap of the state. On the basis of the inputs received by the experts in the seminar, the roadmap of Aatma Nirbhar Madhya Pradesh has been prepared.
Mukhya Mantri Rural Street Vendor Scheme
- Along with launching the roadmap to Aatma Nirbhar Madhya Pradesh, the chief minister also transferred the interest-free loan of 10 thousand rupees each into the accounts of rural street vendors under the Mukhya Mantri rural Street Vendor Loan Scheme.
- The scheme was launched by the state government to provide a loan up to Rs 10,000 to street vendors in rural areas.
- Under the scheme, the state government will bear 14% interest subsidy per loan beneficiary (for loans upto Rs 10,000).
It is a vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to make India “Self-reliant”. The word was first used by by the PM in his address to the nation on May 12, 2020 where he appealed the people to be “Vocal for Local”. Since then various initiatives have been taken under the mission like manufacturing of PPE kits, announcement of ‘Made in India’ 5G network by Reliance Jio, import embargo on 101 defence items, etc. The IIT Alumni Council have also set up a fund of 21,000 crore to support the mission.