Liverpool beats Hotspur to win UEFA Champions League
Liverpool beats Tottenham Hotspur with 2-0 to win UEFA Champions League football trophy final at Madrid, Spain. This was Tottenham first ever appearance in the Champions League final.
- In an all-English Champions League final the 2-0 win by Liverpool over Tottenham Hotspur was result of an early goal from Mohamed Salah and a late one from Divock Origi. Liverpool’s coach Juergen Klopp received the Europe’s biggest prize.
- With this win Liverpool claimed its sixth European Champions League title.
- This title has further cemented their status as one of football’s most storied clubs. They now have more than Barcelona, Bayern Munich and twice as many as Manchester United club.
About UEFA Champions League (UCL)
- It was founded in 1955 and is organised by Union of European Football Associations (UEFA).
- It is an annual club football competition which is contested by top-division European clubs.
- It is one of the World’s most prestigious tournaments and most prestigious club competition in European football which decides the best team in Europe.
- It played by the national league champions (and, for some nations, one or more runners-up) of strongest UEFA national associations.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2019
Category: Sports Current Affairs