Legendary Telugu writer Dasaradhi Rangacharya passes away
Legendary Telugu writer Dasaradhi Rangacharya passed away in Hyderabad, Telangana after a brief illness. He was 87.
About Dasaradhi Rangacharya
- Dasaradhi was on 24 August 1928 in Khammam District erstwhile Hyderabad State now in Telangna.
- Hyderabad liberation Struggle: He had actively participated in fight against the Nizam’s autocratic rule and also took part in the Telangana Armed Struggle till Hyderabad was liberated in Operation Polo.
- Work: He had written number of books highlighting the life and agony of the people at the grass roots level especially in the then Telangana region.
- His novels Chillara Devullu (The Lesser Deities)-1969, Moduga Poolu (Fire Flowers)-1971 are well known for influencing Telugu people against oppression by the rulers.
- He also had translated all four Vedas, Ramayana and Mahabharata into Telugu. His autobiography was Jeevanayanam.
- Awards: He was awarded Sahitya Academy award for Chillara Devullu.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2015