Lakshya-1 successfully tested
Lakshya-1, which is the Air Force version of micro-light pilot-less target aircraft successfully test-flown from the launch complex-2 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur, Orissa. The test was done to test the validity of its engine and duration enhancement. Lakshya is part of the Indian Air Force since 2000.
Significant features of Lakshya-1
- 6-foot long aircraft
- Remote-controlled from the ground
- Provides training to both airborne and air defense pilots.
- Advanced digitally controlled engine and is a
- Re-usable aerial target system
- Launched by a solid propellant rocket motor
- Sustained by a turbojet engine
- 30 to 35 minutes flight time
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|