Krishnapatnam Port receives Golden Peacock award for environment management
Krishnapatnam Port in Andhra Pradesh has been awarded Golden Peacock environment management award for its achievements and initiatives in the field of environment.
The award was presented during the 17th World Congress on Environment Management to C Sasidhar, Managing Director of Krishnapatnam Port by Union Minister of State for Environment Prakash Javadekar in New Delhi.
Green initiatives of Krishnapatnam Port
- Plantation of over 20 lakhs trees within the port and more than 50,000 trees in the surrounding villages.
- Installation of solar lights in the port and solar water heaters in the employee colony.
- Establishing gas connections for villagers so as to discourage them from cutting of mangroves as fuel wood.
- Adoption of Environment Health and Security program to encourage continuous improvement in environment protection. It includes waste management, pollution control, use of renewable resources, resource conservation etc.
About Golden Peacock awards
- Instituted by the Institute of Directors (IoD) in 1991. They are presented annually under various categories.
- The awards comprise to sets Global Awards and National Awards.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2015
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|