Kerala to market Kudumbashree products on online platform
Kerala Government has planned to start an online platform to market and deliver products manufactured by ‘Micro, Small and Medium production units including Kudumbashree.
- As per State Industries Minister P Rajeeve, Kerala government has already started preliminary level talks on this.
- This plan was announced while inaugurating “State-level seed capital financial assistance scheme” on October 18, 2021.
State-level seed capital financial assistance scheme
- Under this scheme, assistance will be provided to self-help Groups.
- Scheme was launched as part of “Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises (PMFME) project”.
The Centre had started the PMFME scheme in collaboration with the State governments in order to incentivise food processing industries. This scheme seeks to provide technical, financial, and business assistance to the small food processing enterprises.
Assistance to Self-help group
- Under the PMFME scheme, members of the self-help group will be given an initial capital of up to Rs 40,000 in order to purchase machines.
- Self-help groups members involved in the food processing industry will get 35 per cent of the credit linked capital subsidy. It is subject to a maximum of Rs 10 lakh.
- Capital investment of SHG federation will get 35 per cent subsidy by means of credit-linked grants.
One district one product
This scheme was started in order to identify one product from each and encourage its sale. It comprises of procurement of raw materials using common facilities in order to produce and help in widening its market for the product. Under this scheme, food processing ministry also helps the entrepreneurs for building logistic support and developing ‘brand building’ for these products.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|