‘Kerala Looks Ahead’ Global Conclave
The Chief Minister of Kerala, Pinarayi Vijayan, inaugurated the “Kerala Looks Ahead” on February 1, 2021.
- It is a three-day virtual global conclave.
- It seeks to lay down the roadmap for long-term development in Kerala.
- The roadmap will be laid down by factoring in perspectives from top economists, administrators, industry leaders and planners.
- The inaugural session was addressed by industry stalwarts Ratan Tata, Kumar Mangalam Birla, Azim Premji and Anand Mahindra along with the Nobel laureate Amartya Sen.
- Nobel winner and economist Joseph Stiglitz and Soumya Swaminathan, who is Chief Scientist with World Health Organisation, will also address the inaugural session.
- The conclave was hosted by the Kerala State Planning Board.
- The conference seeks to collate suggestions and best practices in order to achieve a paradigm shift in development by building a historic achievement in welfare and invigorating growth.
- The conference also helped in learning from the best practices at the national and international levels.
- The conference will also help the key sectors with deeper insights to fast-track the transformation of the State into a knowledge economy.
Theme of the conference
The conference covered the nine themes of deliberations. The nine themes include the primary sector such as agriculture, fisheries & animal resources development; higher education including the international academic collaboration; skill development; modern industrial possibilities; tourism; e-governance; local governments; federalism & development financing and information technology.
Kerala State Planning Board
It is an advisory board under the Government of the State of Kerala. The board was constituted in the year 1967. The Chief Minister is the Chairman of the board. It helps the state government in formulating a development plan on the basis of a scientific assessment of the resources such as material, capital and human that are available in the state. The board prepared a comprehensive economic review of the state every year.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|