Kashmir: 250mm Seer Water Supply Scheme inaugurated
Union Minister Piyush Goyal, during his two-day visit to Pahalgam district in Kashmir, inaugurated a 250 mm Seer Water Supply Scheme.
- The two-day visit of the minister concluded on October 20, 2021 as part of public outreach programme of the central government.
- Minister inaugurated tourist hut of Pahalgam Development Authority at the Golf Course Pahalgam.
Green JK Drive
- Minister inaugurated the Forest Departments Deodar sapling plantation drive. This drive will be conducted under the banner of Green JK Drive.
- Under this drive, a total of 1 lakh saplings will be planted.
- He enquired regarding the post plantation care for saplings and was apprised that fencing and other appropriate watch & ward measures are taken properly.
250mm Seer Water Supply Scheme
Minister also inaugurated 250mm Seer Water supply scheme, on the occasion. This project will benefit around 10000 people. Completion of the project will be done under the ambit of Jal Jeevan Mission within three months.
Visits by the union minister
- During the two-day visit, he visited Rahi Shawl Unit at Akad Park and interacted with local artisans. He examined several handicrafts like zari, sozni and tapestry.
- He also visited the Sun temple at Martand, which is located atop a hillock. This temple is the earliest known sun temples.
The Martand Sun Temple
The temple is also known as Pandou Laidan. It is a Hindu temple dedicated to Surya. It was built during 8th century CE. The temple is in ruins. It is located five miles from Anantnag in Jammu and Kashmir.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|