G Kalyanakrishnan took over as Chief Executive of Nuclear Fuel Complex
Distinguished scientist G Kalyanakrishnan has taken charge as Chief Executive of Hydereabad based Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC).
He took over the charge in place of Dr N Saibaba, who had retired on completion of two years of extended period of service.
In this capacity, Kalyanakrishnan will also be the Chairman of the NFC Board. Prior to this appointment, Kalyanakrishnan was Deputy Chief Executive of NFC.
About G Kalyanakrishnan
- G Kalyanakrishnan had joined Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) in 1980.
- He has a vast experience in erection and commissioning and operation of heavy water plants.
- He made several pioneering contributions in streamlining various operations and activities of the heavy water plants.
- He has played a key role in supply of reactor components for the forthcoming 500 MWe Prototype Fast Breeder Reactor (PFBR), being constructed at Kalpakkam.
About Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC)
- The NFC is a major industrial unit of Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), for the supply of nuclear fuel bundles and reactor core components.
- It was established in 1971 and has its headquarters at Hyderabad, Telangana.
- It is India’s unique nuclear facility where natural and enriched uranium fuel, zirconium alloy cladding and reactor core components are manufactured under single roof.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2016