Jal Hi Jeevan Scheme of Haryana
The government of Haryana has launched the scheme Jal Hi Jeevan to replace the paddy crop with that of Maize and other crops to aid in water conservation through crop diversification. The scheme aims to address the depleting water table of the state.
Objectives of the Scheme
- To reduce the area of water-guzzling crops in Haryana.
- Introduction of technological innovation for establishing alternate crops for sustainable agriculture.
- Resource conservation.
- Restore groundwater table.
- Control soil fatigue because of the rice-wheat cycle and introduce soil conservative and micronutrients balanced crop for the soil.
- Shifting the farmer from the paddy-wheat cycle and give more profitable crop options to the farmers.
- Ensuring purchase of products of this diversified area through MSP and also give farmer input support and cover the risk by insuring them completely under PMFBY by paying their insurance premium by the Government with an overall objective of increasing farmers income which will step forward in achieving doubling of farmers income goal”.
The scheme envisages diversification of 50000 Hectare area of Non-Basmati area into primarily Maize and other crops.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|