IRCTC starts Shri Ramayana Yatra Special Train
The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has started first tour of Shri Ramayana Yatra Special train on November 7, 2021.
- This train was launched in order to promote religious tourism and ‘Dekho Apna Desh’ initiative of the central government.
- IRCTC commenced the first 17-day tour from Safdarjung Railway Station in New Delhi, with full occupancy.
- Next package on the list is 13 nights/14 days Shri Ramayana Yatra Express Madurai. It will depart on November 16.
- Shri Ramayana Yatra Express-Madurai will be operated to meet the requirement of the pilgrim tourist market of south India. It will be a budget-segment train comprising of sleeper class coaches.
Shri Ramayana Yatra Express-Madurai special train
- This will be 13 nights / 14 days special train. It will depart on November 16, and complete its tour on November 29.
- The train will cover the destinations including- “Hampi – Nasik – Chitrakut Dham – Varanasi – Gaya – Sitamarhi – Janakpur (Nepal) – Ayodhya – Nandigram – Prayagraj – Shringaverpur” in that order.
- Travel cost for one person would be Rs 14,490.
- Boarding Points are- Madurai, Dindigul, Thanjavur, Tiruchchirappalli, Chidambaram, Kumbakonam, Mayiladuthurai Jn, Villupuram Jn., Cuddalore Port, Davangere, Chennai Egmore, Katpadi Jn, Jolarpettai Jn, Yesvantpur, Arsikere Jn., Gadag and Hubballi Jn.
IRCTC has planned to start a series of Shri Ramayana Yatra Tours. It will mark a resumption of domestic tourism by trains in light of improved COVID-19 situation.
About Shri Ramayana Yatra Train
The Train covers a religious journey. It was launched in November 2021 to resume domestic tourism in India after improved covid-19 situation. It covers prominent places related with Lord Ram’s life. It provides 12 nights/13-day and 16 nights/17 day packages.
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|