IRCTC launches payment aggregator IRCTC iPay
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has launched its own payment aggregator system, IRCTC iPay. This a step towards promoting the government’s Digital India initiative.
- IRCTC iPay is a prepaid card cum wallet.
- With IRCTC iPay IRCTC will have full control of the payment system because of its direct relationship with acquiring banks, card networks and other partners.
- This direct and full control will eventually lead to a substantial reduction in payment failures.
- Further in case of an online transaction is unsuccessful or some other error occurs, IRCTC can directly get in touch with the bank instead of relying on an intermediate source which usually delays the process.
- With IRCTC iPay passengers will not need any third-party platforms as the IRCTC iPay provides payment options like credit card, debit card, UPI – Unified Payment Interface, International Card.
The exclusive digital payment gateway will provide an improved online digital payment convenience and ease of doing business to passengers availing online travel-related services through the IRCTC website.